We offer tailored training and programs for community and health organisations, businesses and teams in:
- Trauma-informed practice and leadership
- Staff wellbeing
- Social justice and anti-oppressive practice
We also partner with organisations to offer trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness programs for clients and/or staff.
Programs can be delivered online or in-person depending on needs and accessibility.
Our consulting services are led by our director Mei Lai Swan, who has worked extensively in the community and social work sector in programs, training, and leadership roles.
Please email us directly to inquire about our consulting services at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROGRAM CASE STUDY
Center for Victims of Torture, Jordan: Staff care and train-the-trainer program in Trauma-Informed Yoga
Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) provide specialised therapeutic services for survivors of torture and trauma through a dedicated team of counsellors and physiotherapists.
Yoga for Humankind delivered a tailored 6-week staff care and train-the-trainer program in Trauma-Informed Yoga for Center for Victims of Torture in Amman, Jordan.
The program included:
- Daily trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness sessions for 70 staff
- Training in trauma-informed practice, self-care, and foundational embodiment practices for the psychosocial counselling team
- Train-the-trainer program in trauma-informed yoga for the physiotherapy team
- Consulting and recommendations for the physiotherapy group program and general staff care.
Two years post-training, CVT have reported that the outcomes of the program have significantly improved client care and staff practice, with the physiotherapy team leading an international conference presentation on the Integration of Trauma-Informed Yoga in Physiotherapy based on their work.
“I can speak for the entire physiotherapy team when I say that your offering has changed the perspective and focus of each and every physiotherapist. I am thrilled to see what they are continuing to discuss and implement. This training was the perfect information at the perfect time for our team, and their response is the proof.”