30HR TRAUMA-INFORMED YOGA FOUNDATIONS
30hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Foundations
Online and In-Person Training Module
with Mei Lai Swan & Guest Facilitators
Our 30hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Foundations training provides a comprehensive foundation in Yoga for Humankind’s integrative, transformational and embodied approach to trauma-informed yoga – weaving yoga, social justice and spirit for personal and collective wellbeing.
This module focuses on foundational trauma theory, embodied and self-reflective practice, and key trauma-informed facilitation skills for sharing body-based practices safely and effectively.
This 30hr training can be taken stand-alone or as part of our 100hr Certification in Trauma-Informed Yoga & Embodied Social Change.
NEXT ONLINE TRAINING:
8 June – 8 July 2021, 5-week live online program
Twice Weekly Live Sessions (offered at two different times to meet different time zones)
- US/NZ/Asia/Australia Times:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am-12pm AEST (Aus)
- Europe/Africa/Middle East/Asia/Australia:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6.30-8.30pm AEST
NEXT IN-PERSON TRAINING:
5-6 (Sat-Sun) + 11-13 (Fri-Sun) June 2021
Newrybar Hall, Byron Bay, Australia
5 full days, 9.30am-5pm each day
*Note the in-person module is a non-residential program.
Join our global learning community in embodied social change, for personal and collective wellbeing.
Time Zones & Live Attendance: Because we care about engaged learning and building community, our online trainings are live (not pre-recorded) and we ask for 50%+ live attendance for certification.
Please note, the dual timezones are only offered for this Module 1 in this round of the 100hr Certification June – October 2021. See 100hr Certification information for full details.
REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED FOR OUR JUNE ROUND
NEXT ROUND WILL START NOVEMBER 2021
What will I learn?
This program focuses on foundational trauma theory, embodied and self-reflective practice, and trauma-informed teaching skills for sharing body-based practices safely and effectively.
Our faculty of lead and guest facilitators from around the world provide diverse perspectives, invaluable insights, lived experience and practice tools for working with different groups and in different settings.
You will receive:
- In-depth experiential, embodied and collaborative learning – live online over 5 weeks or in-person over 5 days
- A comprehensive 170 page course manual and downloadable learning resources
- Additional recorded audio and video practices
- A dedicated online community forum and a global community of practice
- 6 months access to the course platform with full downloadable recordings and resources to keep forever
This training will equip you with foundational knowledge, practice and skills in:
- the prevalence and impacts of trauma, within a neurobiological, relational and social justice framework
- yoga, somatic and embodied mindfulness practices for wellbeing and resilience
- facilitation skills to make your teaching inclusive, accessible and trauma-informed
- an introduction to the intersections of yoga, social justice, and embodied social change
- ethics, scope of practice and professional skills
- collaborative learning and an engaged community of practice
- self-reflective, personal transformation and leadership skills (change starts within)
To deepen and enhance your skills and learning, you can combine this program with our other course modules to complete our comprehensive 100hr Certification in Trauma-Informed Yoga & Embodied Social Change.
This foundational training program is designed for:
- existing yoga teachers wishing to learn foundational theory and skills for teaching trauma-informed and accessible yoga in studio and community settings.
- health and community professionals wishing to incorporate yoga, body-based and mindfulness practices with an embodied trauma-informed approach into existing therapeutic and community practice.
- social justice, community movement activists and educators wishing to learn embodied practices and frameworks for self-care, resilience, connection, and embodied social change.
Prerequisites & CEU
Note: To receive a certificate and be eligible for CEU through Yoga Alliance, you must complete live attendance at a minimum of 50% of the live learning sessions, plus relevant teaching practice and assignments. This is to support your own learning, engagement and integration, to build a strong community of learning and embodied social change. All live sessions will be recorded.
We are committed to offering trainings that are of the highest quality, affordable and accessible. Equity and reciprocity are at the heart of how we work.
We, like many others, have found that the greatest engagement and benefit comes when there is a meaningful, mutual exchange. We also recognise that we live in systems of inequity.
For these reasons, we offer tiered pricing and invite you to reflect on your access to resources and privilege, how you value the work, what you can afford and would feel is a meaningful exchange, and what you might pay for comparable training programs.
For those in low income economies and communities, where the set tier prices are not affordable, you are invited to apply for a scholarship.
*Please note, in-person modules have a limited number of places for each pricing tier. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you wish to complete individual modules only, or you’re not sure yet if you want to complete the full 100hr certification, you can enrol in individual modules at the following prices.
Please note: In-person modules incur an additional $50 fee to help cover additional training expenses e.g. printed manuals, venue, catering, etc.
All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
TIER 1: $795 – For those who are financially well-resourced. Reflects the value of the course in Western economic markets.
TIER 2: $675 – For those on medium incomes and access to financial resources.
TIER 3: $545 – For those on low incomes, caring responsibilities and from marginalised communities.
Enrol upfront in our full 100hr Certification in Trauma-Informed Yoga & Embodied Social Change (4 core modules) and get 20% off.
Choose between online and in-person* modules and dates.
All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
TIER 1: $2115 – For those who are financially well-resourced. Reflects the value of the course in Western economic markets.
TIER 2: $1765 – For those on medium incomes and access to financial resources.
TIER 3: $1388 – For those on low incomes, caring responsibilities and from marginalised communities.
SCHOLARSHIPS: In addition to our tiered pricing, we also have a limited number of scholarships available for those experiencing serious personal / financial hardship. People from all locations, identities and backgrounds are welcome to apply for these scholarships. Preference will be given to those from marginalised countries, communities and identities.
Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis for those meeting scholarship criteria. Final scholarship applications close on 27th May 2021.
There are many ways we pay it forward:
We donate 10% of proceeds from our 30hr & 100hr trainings directly to supporting community yoga and healing programs around the world. Check out one of our charity partners here and the incredible work they do: KRAMA YOGA CAMBODIA.