ADVANCED TRAININGS & WORKSHOPSContemporary hatha, trauma-informed and community based yoga
Advanced and stand-alone trainings for existing yoga teachers and community & health professionals looking to integrate trauma-informed and somatic movement practices into their work.
60hr Trauma-informed & Community Yoga Certificate
Bali, Indonesia – REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
21-28 August 2019 (7 nights/8 days, residential)
Gaia Oasis Abasan Retreat, Tejakula, BALI
We are thrilled to be partnering with the Gaia Foundation in Tejakula to offer our 60hr training at their beautiful retreat centre Gaia Abasan Mountain Retreat, and to support their inspiring local community projects.
This training is offered as an immersive retreat over 7 nights/8 days, which includes time to relax and integrate by the quiet jungle pool or at the ocean nearby, indulge in Balinese massages, and to visit and learn about Gaia’s local community programs.
Training fees: USD $855 concession, $955 early bird, $1055 full
Accommodation/meals/transfers: Twinshare – USD $495, Single – USD $615
Cost includes beautiful twinshare or single accommodation (subject to availability), full organic vegetarian meals, and transfers to/from Gaia from designated pick up locations (airport or Ubud).
About our 60hr TRAUMA-INFORMED & COMMUNITY YOGA TEACHING CERTIFICATE
with Mei Lai Swan and Jo Buick
Our 60hr certificate training in Trauma-informed and Community Yoga is designed for existing yoga teachers wishing to gain foundational theory and skills for teaching trauma-informed yoga with various community groups and settings, and for health and community professionals wishing to incorporate yoga and movement practices into their existing therapeutic skills.
Our approach emphasises evidence-based practice, experiential learning, and the importance of the broader global and local contexts in working with community groups, including cross-cultural practice, community development approaches and a social justice framework. The 60hrs includes online peer support and mentoring, and where possible, opportunities for getting involved directly in community programs with our partner organisations.
We draw from our own combined decades of learning and experience in yoga, social work, and community work, as well as from approaches and leaders in the field, including Amber Gray (Body As Voice somatic trauma therapy; Polyvagal-informed movement therapy); David Emerson & Bessel van der Kolk (Trauma Sensitive Yoga), Tara Judelle, Scott Lyons & Myra Avedon (Embodied Flow Somatic Movement Therapy), Peter Levine (Somatic Experiencing), Pat Ogden (Sensorimotor Psychotherapy), Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen (Body-Mind Centering), Emilie Conrad (Continuum Movement) and more.
Our 60hr Certificate training offers:
- Understanding trauma and the body, including evidence-based research on trauma theory, neurophysiology and the lived experience
- Trauma-informed yoga & somatic movement practices and teaching skills (including in the studio and community settings)
- Foundations in culturally responsive and community based practices for yoga teaching
- Foundations in understanding power, social justice, strengths-based and participatory approaches
- Seva (selfless service and inspired action) in a contemporary and global community-based context
- Introduction to developing and delivering community based yoga programs
- Personal transformation and leadership skills
- Online support and opportunities for participation/mentoring in existing community programs